Ethics & Conflicts of Interest Training
Time & Location
About the Event
Lymon is a compliance consulting firm that has served financial institutions since 2013. Our mission is to help you navigate the constantly changing regulatory environments in which you operate in, to empower you to accelerate your business growth by keeping your businesses secure and compliant.
This Ethics & Conflicts of Interest Training session will enable you to understand and identify possible forms of conflicts of interest in fund management companies, broker-dealers and financial advisory companies, and the corresponding measures which you can put in place to mitigate such conflicts of interest.
This course is accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance (“IBF”), and provides 2 hours of core CPD hours under both the Securities and Futures Act (“SFA”) and the Financial Advisers Act (“FAA”).
Cost per attendee:
- SGD 51 (including GST) – excludes 90% of the fees which may be subsidised by IBF, subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria, OR
- SGD 321 (including GST) - full course fee without IBF subsidy (please see note below)
- Introduction to ethics
- Overview of increasing regulatory focus on sound ethical culture and conduct
- Various types of conflicts of interest scenarios in fund management companies, broker-dealers and financial advisors, and how to identify them
- Suggested Policies, Procedures and Controls to strengthen and foster a culture of ethics in the workplace
- Establish a Written Code of Ethics and MAS/ industry best practices
- Establish an appropriate human resource policy
- Establish a credible Whistleblowing channel
- Implement Internal Controls per industry best practices to mitigate conflicts of interest
- Conduct regular independent audits
- Case studies on unethical behaviours and conflicts of interest in the workplace
- After the training session, participants will be required to successfully complete an AML/CFT Assessment to fulfil the criteria set out under IBF’s Core SFA / FAA CPD Scheme and Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”).
- *Passing rate is 80% or 12/15 MCQ questions right. Participants will be given 2 tries to pass. Participants who fail the assessment after two tries will be awarded 2 Supplementary CPD hours instead of 2 Core CPD hours and will not be eligible for the IBF subsidy of 90% of course fees.
In light of the COVID-19 situation, please note that the Institute of Banking and Finance ("IBF") will be subsidising 95% of the training rates provided that participants meet the 'eligible individual' criteria as set out under IBF's Financial Training Scheme:
- Only company-sponsored individuals (where company sponsors refer to FIs regulated by MAS);
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore; and
- Successful completion of the FTS recognised programme (i.e. completion of the Webinar and passing of the Assessment as indicated above).
If you would like to enjoy the 90% subsidy by IBF, you will be required to send us a copy of your NRIC/ photographic ID for the verification of eligibility. For your personal data protection, do be ensured that we will not retain a copy of your ID after we have verified your claims eligibility.
After your initial payment, we will contact you via email for verification of your eligibility for the IBF subsidy.
Please note that Lymon reserves the right to require participants who fail to meet the verification of an 'eligible individual' to make an additional payment of $270.